-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 next pixies concert

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrteilhof Posted - 07/31/2007 : 07:16:33
hi all

can someone please tell me when the next pixies concert is? or post a link to a tour scedule.

Thx in advance

35   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Albireo Posted - 10/27/2007 : 04:37:53
OK, thanks!
I knew it wasn't a "real" Pixies song.
darwin Posted - 10/27/2007 : 01:24:51
It was a cover of the Warren Zevon song that the Pixies recorded on a Warren Zevon tribute album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjoy_Every_Sandwich:_Songs_of_Warren_Zevon
Albireo Posted - 10/27/2007 : 01:04:00
quote:
Originally posted by Jefrey
Hey, we got "Not That Pretty At All" too - that wasn't too bad.

== jeffamerica ==

Uuh? Sure, I must be missing the point !
I only got "Bam Thwok" What's "Not That Pretty At All"???
debaserrr Posted - 10/23/2007 : 13:33:54
my favorite band, always will be, and i never saw them live. i guess i never will.

they chose not to. because they didnt feel it, or they couldnt- whatever.
if they HAD put out an album, we KNOW it would have been great
the greatest album we will never hear.

"The arc of triumph!"
fbc Posted - 10/13/2007 : 06:42:31
quote:
Originally posted by Albireo

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhead

Death to the Pixies!

Pixies are part of a particular time and era.... I love the Pixies, but I don't want to hear a new record. Is that strange?

You said it dude!
I TOTALLY agree with you

same here.

Wee Mac Posted - 10/13/2007 : 05:31:04
Mission of Burma - 'on off on' & 'the obliterati', now theres a band who don't sound any different from their earlier stuff. Different circumstances, though, unfinished business and synchronised mid-life crisis in their case.
two reelers Posted - 10/13/2007 : 03:59:28
talking of REALLY GOOD reunion albums, 'beyond' of dinosaur jr. comes to my mind.

I joined the cult of Souled American / 'cause they are a damn' fine band
Albireo Posted - 10/12/2007 : 00:46:56
quote:
Originally posted by Blackhead

Death to the Pixies!

Pixies are part of a particular time and era. They were so unique, so strange, and so wonderful in part because we’d never heard anything like it before. Their music was revolutionary and inspirational, but I’m afraid that if they tried to duplicate the sound, it would end up being nothing more than a parody of a moment in time that is now firmly rooted in the past.

I love the Pixies, but I don't want to hear a new record. Is that strange?

You said it dude!
I TOTALLY agree with you
Blackhead Posted - 10/11/2007 : 21:04:58
Death to the Pixies!

Pixies are part of a particular time and era. They were so unique, so strange, and so wonderful in part because we’d never heard anything like it before. Their music was revolutionary and inspirational, but I’m afraid that if they tried to duplicate the sound, it would end up being nothing more than a parody of a moment in time that is now firmly rooted in the past.

I love the Pixies, but I don't want to hear a new record. Is that strange?
joeyrsl Posted - 10/09/2007 : 21:50:58
Either way, what a great time it was to see them when they reunited in 2004. I'm just thankful for that. The shows I saw totally rocked. Never got to see them back before they broke up the first time, and never thought I would, so that was fucking awesome.

To be honest, I never held out much hope for a new album. Always kinda figured they were just a live act, and a temporary one at that. Maybe they'll tour again, maybe they wont. Time will tell. The Pixies are full of mystery..
Jefrey Posted - 09/16/2007 : 00:57:26
quote:
Originally posted by Albireo

Though, I can't believe they just reunited to release that "Bam Thwok"...
Sure, Pixies are not dead yet. Wait and see.

Hey, we got "Not That Pretty At All" too - that wasn't too bad.

== jeffamerica ==
Albireo Posted - 08/25/2007 : 00:47:35
Though, I can't believe they just reunited to release that "Bam Thwok"...
Sure, Pixies are not dead yet. Wait and see.
shineoftheever Posted - 08/25/2007 : 00:35:43
quote:
Originally posted by Daisy Girl

As long as they're happy, I am happy. I am just glad to have seen them three times when I thought I never would have seen em.

bluefinger

me too, or should i say three, and i got the discs to relive the moments (except the vancouver sept 2004 show).

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
fbc Posted - 08/24/2007 : 11:07:16
Neither have I, and no. I know they're both male. The Stags, that is.
darwin Posted - 08/24/2007 : 10:06:14
Are you implying that Kim is male?

I haven't read anything that implied that the hang up was that Kim wanted to write the songs.
fbc Posted - 08/24/2007 : 09:18:24
quote:
Originally posted by mr.biscuitdoughhead

But if he can still write stuff as good as the songs on Bluefinger or Fort Wayne, he can write new Pixies songs. At least that's what I would think.

But Kim wants to write the songs.

mr.biscuitdoughhead Posted - 08/24/2007 : 09:09:00
it would be awkward if they made a new album and it sucked, wouldn't it? :P

Are you looking for the motherlode?"
Ziggy Posted - 08/24/2007 : 01:45:06
Well, not wanting to raise hopes unfairly, but with an artist like FB, and his 'magic songwriting machine' tendencies, you're less likely to be disappointed than with an artist who struggles to produce more than one album every three years or so!

At least relations with the Pixies seem cordial.
ccuadros Posted - 08/23/2007 : 17:55:59
quote:
Originally posted by mr.biscuitdoughhead

It would be different if Frank hadn't written anything since Trompe, then decided to make a new Pixies album.
But if he can still write stuff as good as the songs on Bluefinger or Fort Wayne, he can write new Pixies songs. At least that's what I would think.

totally agree!!
mr.biscuitdoughhead Posted - 08/23/2007 : 13:38:36
It would be different if Frank hadn't written anything since Trompe, then decided to make a new Pixies album.

Albireo Posted - 08/23/2007 : 11:50:57
quote:
Originally posted by mikaelp75

WHY would a new Pixies album suck, though?

I don't know. Remember The Stooges latest record
Or New York Dolls. Or Radio Birdman. Or Big Star. Or, for a more recent band, Smashing Pumpkins. Etc.
Daisy Girl Posted - 08/22/2007 : 15:53:18
As long as they're happy, I am happy. I am just glad to have seen them three times when I thought I never would have seen em.

bluefinger
darwin Posted - 08/21/2007 : 20:24:46
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:
Originally posted by darwin

I don't know. My fandom for Frank Black survived Honeycomb. Why couldn't my fandom for the Pixies survive if their next album was a stinker?

But Mr. Evolution, imagine if FB "retired" after COR and Honeycomb was his comeback album - would you have stuck around after that? I'd like to think i would, but i don't know. Plus, if a new Pixies album sucked, that might officially seal the deal forever (ie. no new touring ever).

- Brian

Mr. Met,

I was just taking the opportunity to take another shot at Honeycomb, but back to your question.

Why is the scenario stopping at COR? If Frank had put out 2 great and 1 ok solo albums (my opinion) and then came back 10 years later with Honeycomb, then he probably wouldn't be on my automatic buy list anymore. But, the Pixies have built a far bigger catalog and reputation both as a band and solo acts and they haven't been absent as artists. I think they would survive if the album wasn't seen as a piece of crap that they just tossed out there (an unlikely scenario).

This signature moderated courtesy Cult of Frank.
mikaelp75 Posted - 08/21/2007 : 19:42:18
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Face

quote:

I don't know. My fandom for Frank Black survived Honeycomb. Why couldn't my fandom for the Pixies survive if their next album was a stinker?

But Mr. Evolution, imagine if FB "retired" after COR and Honeycomb was his comeback album - would you have stuck around after that? I'd like to think i would, but i don't know. Plus, if a new Pixies album sucked, that might officially seal the deal forever (ie. no new touring ever).

- Brian

WHY would a new Pixies album suck, though? No album Frank or the Breeders have released has sucked so far. Unless they leave the songwriting to Dave (which would be interesting but certainly no dead cert in the genius ranks) I can't see how they would make an album that would disappoint me, personally. They still sound great together. I'm so tired of the "gospel" way of thinking. How has "preciousness" got anything to do with what the Pixies did, (does,) and could do?

Besides, Sleep Tonight is one of my favourite Stones tracks, but it's off my least favourite record (Dirty Work), and I'm sure we'd all find nuggets in a new Pixies album no matter how patchy, and who needs a new Doolittle anyway?

Having said that, I don't give a fuck if they ever do anything together again as long as they're churning out great and often superior music while apart.
Broken Face Posted - 08/21/2007 : 13:01:12
quote:

- Brian
darwin Posted - 08/21/2007 : 11:23:09
Albireo Posted - 08/21/2007 : 11:05:44
I totally agree with Broken Face.
"Trompe Le Monde" has to be the last, the very last one.
I will always be keen on a new Pixies reunion, but to my mind, a new Pixies album could be very... disappointing
I don't want to remember my all-time favorite band as a band that sucked with a bad reunion disc...
treetime Posted - 08/18/2007 : 09:46:58
Good point. I saw the Pixies once during the reunion and it was personally the best show I have ever been to. I lost a little interest in going to a show in the short term after finally seeing them, but in another 5-10 years the craving would be back.
Broken Face Posted - 08/18/2007 : 07:07:08
I'd say for now, the Pixies have been put to bed. Which is the best for all of us really. If they decide to tour in another 5-10 years, we'll all be salivating like mad to hear those tunes again. Now, its sorta played out. And a new album would have never been what we wanted/expected. Better to let the myth be the myth.

- Brian
HeywoodJablome Posted - 08/17/2007 : 22:54:01
Dare I say they were done in '91? Poet and I know it bitches!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OFFICIAL INTERNET TOUGH GUY
thatmanisaliar Posted - 08/17/2007 : 14:44:58
Yup its true Im afraid. i heard FB say it on Radio1 a couple of weeks ago.

Oh well.

I never thought I would get the chance and then I saw them thrice.

Gotta say. Live at the palace in melbourne was the one for me. perfect. Tiny venue. And his voice was rock. Truly amazing.

Thank you so, so much.
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 08/15/2007 : 17:38:42
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Pixies are done. I wish even more that I had gone to see them at their last gig here in Australia. Ah well.

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos. I can't say I don't envy you."
Carl Posted - 08/15/2007 : 12:42:04
Hi mrteilhof...I think you'll be waiting a long time for another Pixies show, sadly!

"I hate how the reptile dreams it's a mammal. Scaley monster: be what you are!!" - Erebus.
billgoodman Posted - 08/15/2007 : 05:58:56
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn

quote:
Originally posted by billgoodman

''the pixies are over''-Frank Black, outside Waterfront, Rotterdam after the gig.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?

What else did he say after the gig?

I got some heaven in my head

to be honest, I didn't speak to him. A friend of mine did, and taped the conversation. Something about Zwolle and that the Pixies were over.

---------------------------
BF: Mag ik Engels spreken?
jediroller Posted - 08/15/2007 : 03:21:47
There's no original article, that's from the BBC Radio 1 interview with Colin Murray.

EDIT: thanks for reading Blackolero ;)

Awesome! I fuckin' shot this!
"Les Blackolero, y sont forts en sacramant" - Czar | 06/26/2007 | 20:10:34

free music | Blackolero | Frank Black & Pixies Tributes

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000