-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 All Over the World -- Pixies Live!
 Guitar Effects Pedals Used on Reunion Tour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Flashing_Eyes Posted - 02/08/2005 : 20:59:15
So i was listening to my bootleg of the pixies in amherst and was just transfixed by joey's solo.I had a discussion with my friend about it and he thinks joey was using a delay pedal to get that sound. Does anyone know or was close enough to the stage to see what pedal he was using ?

Also i know i heard some other effects being used during the show, did frank or kim use any pedals too, does anyone know ?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Steak n Sabre Posted - 02/23/2005 : 13:01:53

There are some nice pedals here www.smfamps.com

The Cult of Frank 2.0: It's not the coming of the aliens or anything...
El Zilcho Posted - 02/22/2005 : 23:31:12
Yes, he has a DOD-FX17 wah, a Boss Hyper Fuzz FZ-2, he switched from a Boss DM-3 delay to a Mr. Echo sometime during the tour, a Boss PN-2 Tremolo/Pan, an MXR Micro Amp, and a ZVex SHO. Thats all that I'm certain of...
billgoodman Posted - 02/14/2005 : 23:53:04
a mr.echo pedal was used at the ACL show

"I joined the cult of Jon Tiven/Bye!"
Flashing_Eyes Posted - 02/14/2005 : 18:05:42
[quote from tenacious v]
i know for SURE that he used a DOD wah pedal, I saw him rocking back and forth on this blocky metallic wah. So the next day I googled it and found what I was looking for. Also if you go to guitargeek.com, you'll find joey santiago's set up http://guitargeek.com/rigview/329/. I'm not too sure if it's 100% accurate though. The only things I can confirm are of course the JCM 900's, the DOD wah and a Marshall footswitch. I wasn't at an angle to see the rest, sorry!
[/quote]
mammynuns Posted - 02/09/2005 : 10:23:12
joey was definitely using the wah that he used towards the end of the pixies first run. but yeah, that delay thing was pretty wicked. i havent gotten my pixiesdisc.com cd yet so i havent been able to scrutinize it or anything... but from the two concerts i went to it, it sounded like he was using one of those delay units with that infinite looping function and just set the time to be really short. so hed hit a chord and turn on the unit and then mess with the wah and stuff.

if you went to any shows on this tour, youd know that in addition to using the kill switch on his actual guitar, he also unplugged the chord and tapped the tip of it to get that really fast percusive feedback sound. hes still an innovator...

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000