-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 FB / EDF demos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
floop Posted - 04/01/2006 : 13:24:36
my source (thank you man) was cool enough to give me some samples of the Frank / Eric work in progress and it is fucking excellent! i promised not to say anything about it, but i can't help share my excitement.

there's a song that seems to be about the Loch Ness Monster, which will be a popular one i'm sure. also a song about the Black Dahlia, with Eric switching from piano to french horn half way through the song.

i think this could possilby be the best thing since the Yellow album

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.” - General George S. Patton
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mac E. Doobage Posted - 04/17/2006 : 18:40:46
douche
stymie Posted - 04/11/2006 : 12:33:43
Darn?
IceCream Posted - 04/08/2006 : 13:05:18
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Hey IceCream, good to see you around. I was just listening to the song you submitted for Hey the other day, love that number in a completely unexpected way.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Cameron Brown's "Alec Eiffel" is better. Where is our gr1bbly, anyway?

I also tend to agree with Tim Franklin that Skiffington's "Planet of Sound" is a great b-side.
Carl Posted - 04/07/2006 : 22:52:16
Floop, yer a bastard.

pas de dutchie!
floop Posted - 04/07/2006 : 09:31:18
don't hate me guys.

some day you'll all get to hear these songs too

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.” - General George S. Patton
billgoodman Posted - 04/07/2006 : 01:14:50
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Yen

you cocksuckers.

word!

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/06/2006 : 22:36:05
Hey IceCream, good to see you around. I was just listening to the song you submitted for Hey the other day, love that number in a completely unexpected way.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
IceCream Posted - 04/06/2006 : 21:40:54
quote:

My New Year's Resolution was to curse less.

I think you can all guess the word I would have otherwise typed before "awesome".
vilainde Posted - 04/06/2006 : 00:01:00
Mmmh... tamales...

Hey Johnny Yen, weren't you supposed to spend some time in France last year? I was wondering where you'd been.

Denis

I love Guitar Wolf from the Erath!
TAMAL Posted - 04/05/2006 : 23:55:02
oh, thats right. my mistake.

my shirt is shitty!
Johnny Yen Posted - 04/05/2006 : 22:44:22
you cocksuckers.
Grotesque Posted - 04/05/2006 : 04:42:23
No, that's true I heard it too!
And there is another song about the mayas ("The Mayasist"), one about Stephen Hopkins ("The man who was too still")and two Eric Drew Feldman compositions featuring vibraphone (don't know if is a fake one) AND a remarquable elephant scream at the end. It's great, really...
Ah internet...
Sam Posted - 04/04/2006 : 08:07:15
You lying dog Floop!
cassandra is Posted - 04/04/2006 : 07:57:56
well... but if it's true, it's gonna be awesome!

pas de bras pas de chocolat
floop Posted - 04/04/2006 : 07:40:52
would i lie to you guys?

Carl Posted - 04/04/2006 : 06:32:40
quote:
Originally posted by floop

And a song about Nessy? Horray!!

pas de dutchie!
Sam Posted - 04/04/2006 : 04:02:27
Hey Floop, please re-assure me just one last time that this topic is for real and that it ain't an aprils fools gag. If there is one definitive favourite style for me it's FB and EDF. I love the catholics stuff and the Pixies stuff but those two make cracking tunes together. Bring back the Frank Black expierience. I could die happy after hearing tossed live.
billgoodman Posted - 04/04/2006 : 01:50:37
I believe there never was such a guy, however Chickenwithtwoheads spoke to the brother of Frank. He said there was a new Pixies album in the making. Probably just demos, I guess

God save the Noisies
TAMAL Posted - 04/04/2006 : 00:09:53
isnt this the guy who told everyone that frank blacks brother gave him the new pixies album?

what thee.

my shirt is shitty!
silvereel Posted - 04/02/2006 : 20:00:12
EDF SHANT CHILL ON A BACKTRACK!!!

hey, maybe you could slip me one or two of those files? sounds like good stuff

"I'm done with adult matters. I'm doin the catapult."
floop Posted - 04/01/2006 : 19:03:15
one of the songs, i'm assuming, is about the life and death of Edgar Allen Poe. i'm assuming Frank is a fan..

i can't tell if it's synth or the actual instrument, but it sounds someone is playing theremin on this one.

number 13 Posted - 04/01/2006 : 15:33:36
April's Fool I guess...
billgoodman Posted - 04/01/2006 : 15:22:01
quote:
Originally posted by floop

my source (thank you man) was cool enough to give me some samples of the Frank / Eric work in progress and it is fucking excellent! i promised not to say anything about it, but i can't help share my excitement.

there's a song that seems to be about the Loch Ness Monster, which will be a popular one i'm sure. also a song about the Black Dahlia, with Eric switching from piano to french horn half way through the song.

will you be my source?

God save the Noisies
Ziggy Posted - 04/01/2006 : 15:05:12
Well that's all sounding very promising. Still just a little sceptical though!
floop Posted - 04/01/2006 : 14:12:07
i know you might think i'm joking since it's april 1st but i assure you i am not joking.

update: my source tells me that the Black Dahlia song is being written for the upcoming BLACK DAHLIA film. which was going to be directed by Brian DePalma but is now being directed by David Fincher

it just gets better and better

Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 04/01/2006 : 14:01:15
Heh heh, keep trying to draw me out, eh? First the topic, then French horn, and now the 'Yellow' Album. I say, well done. Those songs all sound like they'd be cool...

kathryn Posted - 04/01/2006 : 13:41:56

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000