-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 Non-Cooking Vinyl Boxed Set?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frank_black_francis Posted - 12/14/2005 : 15:18:35
Cooking Vinyl is really badly distributed here in Canada. Whenever I have tried to import anything from the record store from them its always been a bust...I do not want to order anything online anymore.

Any word on whether there will also be a Sonic Unyon (Canada) or SpinArt (US) release of the Catholics' Box Set?
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Daisy Girl Posted - 12/18/2005 : 19:01:31
I hear what you guys are saying about the box sets.

It would just be nice to have a special container that holds all the cds.

One example is what the White Stripes did and they sold it at their concert. It was a little lunch box type container that held all of their current cds. Not sure, but it might have left room for new ones too. I would just like a nice little place to put all the FB and FB & the C's stuff to kinda show case it you know?
billgoodman Posted - 12/18/2005 : 14:04:11
that's true
I switched you, they freakin' rocked on that one

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
frank_black_francis Posted - 12/18/2005 : 11:06:36
There is an incredible Catholics version of 666 that was played live that I'd like to get my hands on...as well, they also did a great dual pedal-steel version of Monkey. If these were gone forever...it'd be sad as hell.
billgoodman Posted - 12/18/2005 : 02:53:30
European only? That's gonna cost even more for the US-citizens

God save the Noisies
number 13 Posted - 12/16/2005 : 18:27:30
I wish they would be at least a double cd live performance from this blazing band on stage. B-Sides and rarities are cool stuff, but I think the Catholics were absolutely amazing when performing live.
HeywoodJablome Posted - 12/16/2005 : 13:54:10
Hmm, if he comes back with the Catholics again I'll buy it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Professa, what's another word for pirates treasure?
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/16/2005 : 13:25:28
From the horse's mouth -> Dave -> Me -> you guys:

As far as a N.American box set goes, "it's been talked about, but there are no plans for a release".

So it's a European only affair.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
kathryn Posted - 12/16/2005 : 11:13:07
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

he can use whatever backup band he wants to, though. It doesn't matter much to me.

Catholics

I got some heaven in my head

VoVat Posted - 12/16/2005 : 11:10:17
I agree with Tre and Kathryn. A box set is prohibitively expensive for new fans, and redudant for current fans. A B-sides/rarities collection, on the other hand, would be great.

As for Nashville records, I haven't heard of any plans for Frank to do more than the two. I figure he can use whatever backup band he wants to, though. It doesn't matter much to me.

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
kathryn Posted - 12/16/2005 : 09:23:34
I hear "box set" and I think "cashing in," which is fine, more money for Frank, yay! But isn't that what the reunion was about?

I agree with Tre. B-sides, rarities and live stuff. And for the love of all that is holy, a non-Nashville record, please!

I got some heaven in my head

starmekitten Posted - 12/16/2005 : 09:13:58
You know what, I think the box set is a bad idea.

In my opinion (for what it is worth) a better idea is to do a far smaller b-sides/rarities box set, well not even a box set. How many b-sides do you reckon there are? they would be easy enough to compile onto four cd's maybe, minimal packaging and sold as a set for something like £20/£25. This way you're giving the people who are the bread and butter of the solo/catholics career something new to buy rather than an alternative version of the albums they already have. There could even be a sort of best of live as one of the four cd's.

Basically, it's a low cost way to shift a lot more units and make the fans happy.In my humble oh so humble opinion.
billgoodman Posted - 12/15/2005 : 01:27:37
or some catholic sluts

but really, I think it's a good idea
but what are going to do
give all the catholic cd's away and keep the box?
or keep it all, from a collector's prospective?

God save the Noisies
Daisy Girl Posted - 12/14/2005 : 16:47:28
quote:
Originally posted by TRANSMARINE

I kind of feel it may be too early for a Catholics box set. I'd like to wait and see what Frank will be doing in the coming year with possibly the PIXIES and onto, hopefully, his second solo years (post Sicilian) before revisiting the Catholic years. A box set this early is like how Fire, Walk With Me was to Twin Peaks...or Star Trek: Generations was to Star Trek: The Next Generation...too hot on the heels and lacking general interest.

I was alone...in my BIG BED

-bRIAN

I wish I had your patientce. Maybe they could do an box set with a few extra slots???
TRANSMARINE Posted - 12/14/2005 : 16:40:52
I'd still buy it though!

-bRIAN
TRANSMARINE Posted - 12/14/2005 : 16:40:20
I kind of feel it may be too early for a Catholics box set. I'd like to wait and see what Frank will be doing in the coming year with possibly the PIXIES and onto, hopefully, his second solo years (post Sicilian) before revisiting the Catholic years. A box set this early is like how Fire, Walk With Me was to Twin Peaks...or Star Trek: Generations was to Star Trek: The Next Generation...too hot on the heels and lacking general interest.

-bRIAN
Daisy Girl Posted - 12/14/2005 : 16:30:20
a real box set would be at the top of my wish list!
theonecontender Posted - 12/14/2005 : 16:28:04
We need word from the man.. This is urgent! Sumimasen! Hye!
Cult_Of_Frank Posted - 12/14/2005 : 16:08:48
Yeah, I've sent some emails around but no word yet.

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000