-= Frank Black Forum =-
-= Frank Black Forum =-
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frank Black Chat
 General Frank Black Chat
 The Day Has Arrived!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misterwoe Posted - 07/19/2005 : 04:49:19
I'm going to take my theology test and then I'm going to go buy Honeycomb! Yes! I'm going to listen to it over and over again, man! A lot of us have been waiting a long time for this. Honeycomb!

Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole.
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stymie Posted - 07/25/2005 : 14:27:52
I can't wait to smoke pot and listen to honeycomb! Only one more month of probation!
VoVat Posted - 07/22/2005 : 16:16:57
quote:
Of course, the hippie's are the one's that are running the country now.

How many hippie politicians can you name? Bush is pretty much the opposite of a hippie, aside from the fact that he did a lot of drugs.

quote:
i think its the first great album i bought that was released this year.

I don't know that I'd agree (the new Laura Cantrell album is really cool, too), but I will say that it was a refreshing change from the subpar records that a lot of my favorite artists are putting out this year.

I was all out of luck, like a duck that died. I was all out of juice, like a moose denied.
twist Posted - 07/20/2005 : 06:28:38
Nice, very nice. Good work Frank.
shineoftheever Posted - 07/19/2005 : 23:37:50
it didn't arrive in vancouver!!!

The waxworks were an immensely eloquent dissertation on the wonderful ordinariness of mankind.
klikger Posted - 07/19/2005 : 22:59:32
I love this album so much already that it's scary. That's all I have to say.
HeywoodJablome Posted - 07/19/2005 : 22:30:44
quote:
Originally posted by scruvs

quote:
Originally posted by TRANSMARINE

Yay! I just bought it on my lunch break. I will wait to get home until I listen to it. I also stopped by a liquor store/warehouse called BevMo! and picked up some imported ales to enjoy as I listen to Honeycomb. I have never been in this store before, and have never tried the ales mentioned. One is a four-pack of Irish ale called Beamish, and then a bottle of an English ale called Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. Anyone ever had these? Anyway, they are chilling in a fridge at my work. I have them hidden in a bag...if I am caught, I am fired!

I was alone...in my BIG BED

-bRIAN

BevMo is the greatest. No, Honeycomb is the greatest. I'm gonna grab a guinness.

misterwoe Posted - 07/19/2005 : 20:51:47
I don't think there's a track on the entire that I don't like in the least bit. I think this might quickly become my favorite!

scruvs Posted - 07/19/2005 : 20:46:34
quote:

Yay! I just bought it on my lunch break. I will wait to get home until I listen to it. I also stopped by a liquor store/warehouse called BevMo! and picked up some imported ales to enjoy as I listen to Honeycomb. I have never been in this store before, and have never tried the ales mentioned. One is a four-pack of Irish ale called Beamish, and then a bottle of an English ale called Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. Anyone ever had these? Anyway, they are chilling in a fridge at my work. I have them hidden in a bag...if I am caught, I am fired!

-bRIAN

BevMo is the greatest. No, Honeycomb is the greatest. I'm gonna grab a guinness.

Superabounder Posted - 07/19/2005 : 18:29:26
I ran into Tower records at lunch also, and the sticker said $11.99 which I thought was a good deal, but when I bought my 2 copies it was $9.99 as well! Awesome! Played it for a friend from work while we ate take out in the car.
It sounds much more "bassy" than the leaked version to me. Almost harder to hear the guitar as clearly with the added bass, but it sounds great and full. Vocals sound smooth and good from my first listen.
I need to hit 2 other record stores this week to buy a couple more copies.

All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies
HeywoodJablome Posted - 07/19/2005 : 18:13:53
quote:

-bRIAN

Bevmo is the booze lovers mecca! So many different and new (to me) brews to choose from! I need to stay away from that place, it's easy to blow loads of dough in there. And you should'nt worry, Beamish is a great beverage, a nice alternative to Guinness which I believe is now produced in a brewery in Canada so they can still call it "imported" for all us yanks. The quality don't seem the same though. And anything Sammy Smiths is great although I prefer the Imperial Stout. Now for the record review: it's great! It seems very lullabyish by normal FB standards, good drinkin' music. $9.99 at Tower! It pays to buy it on opening day I guess!!! I'm a little upset though because one of my favorite songs from the bootys that were circulating was "Highway to Lowdown" but where is it?!!!!! Sounds nice though, I really like the moodiness of "Dark end of the Street". Anyway, happy listening to all! And ofcourse a big thank you to Frank!!!
PearlJamaholic Posted - 07/19/2005 : 15:36:35
so far i like this one alot. more than i liked smyt at first. might easily become my favorite non-catholic frank album. i think its the first great album i bought that was released this year.
TRANSMARINE Posted - 07/19/2005 : 12:30:44

-bRIAN
pixie punk Posted - 07/19/2005 : 11:43:41
In Puerto Rico it cost me $16.99(Borders)Can't wait to listen to it.
Broken Face Posted - 07/19/2005 : 11:03:37
i bought my first two copies today: best buy for 13.99 and fye for 17.99. i'll be buying copy #3 at the virgin megastore in times square in a few hours.

-Brian

If you move I shoots!

NimrodsSon Posted - 07/19/2005 : 10:37:55
I called the local indie record store and they didn't get it until Friday, so I went ahead and went to Borders to pick it up for the ridiculous price of $14.99, but it was worth every penny! I'll try and post a review after I've listened to it at least ten times.

”Viva los Católicos! http://adrianfoster.dmusic.com/
misterwoe Posted - 07/19/2005 : 10:23:24
I like the new version of SSMVGD too. I think it's cool that the guy from the Boston Herald called it a hippie song. Of course, the hippie's are the one's that are running the country now. Some of them anyway. Where's the legalized grass? Oh wait...that's another thread. You see what the excitement does to me?!

Kirk Posted - 07/19/2005 : 10:20:01
haha
misterwoe Posted - 07/19/2005 : 10:19:21
man, the new album is awesome! I really digging Lone Child. Hell, I'm digging all of it. I'm like a giddy little school boy! I even pissed my pants...

And Kirk, start saving those pennies because in a couple of days you'll owe me a dollar or two or three...

hawken Posted - 07/19/2005 : 10:12:34
just picked it up at tower during my lunch break.....on sale for $9.99!!!
Kirk Posted - 07/19/2005 : 10:07:05
Keep the listening going!

I'll donate 1 penny for each consecutive listening of the album by you! Non-stop baby!
You may use the restroom and eat, but absolutely No Sleep.

misterwoe Posted - 07/19/2005 : 09:42:09
That Emerson quote kicks a lot of ass! I'm listening to the new album right now, and it's sounding good. I envision many listenings ahead.

IceCream Posted - 07/19/2005 : 08:51:00
"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Carl Posted - 07/19/2005 : 06:32:56
Good luck with the test, misterwoe. Honeycomb is here!! :D

Carlos
"Join up, conform and wear a different uniform!"
Joey Joe Jo Jr. Chabadoo Posted - 07/19/2005 : 06:17:53
Oh, I bought this album so long ago... on July the sixth, I was back in Paris... still not having heard of the bombs in London... Bought at the same time "This last night in Sodom" by Soft Cell... And on the way to Pigalle to find an electro-acoustic guitar... A senior-prostitute asked me if i had an hour... I said "Oh What for? Sorry I have a guitar to buy..."
Learnt the bad news on the phone from my mother... took a taxi to get back home and thought: "Gotta play music before i die and for the ones i love. Tuned my new guitar with "Honeycomb" and played along these 'not so new songs' but really enjoyed the official order and that the few boring songs from the leaked version were 'skipped'... (except All around the World, which I dig a lot)...
Et voilą...

Hope you'll enjoy like I did... still it was not the same as his previous albums... Yeah, please don't ever make available an album on that fuckin' net before its release. TA
I wonder what my friend Julien who resisted the temptation until the 4th though of HC???

-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000