just kidding, good one guys.

"I'm done with adult matters. I'm doin the catapult."
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  23:34:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome Pixies tune! And Free Oddballs CD's for everybody? UNBELIEVABLE!! How are you guys getting all those CDs?

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  23:36:08  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I almost had an heart attack guys!

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  23:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cassandra is

Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  23:59:52  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh! you also have this broadcast in UK?

Go to Top of Page

Visiting Sasquatch
= Cult of Ray =

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  09:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought you guys might like to check this out. FrankBlack.Net is listed on the fourth "tab" on the front page of iTunes' Podcasts. Also, you're in good company with Jello, who's on the second "tab". Congratulations!

Edited by - Visiting Sasquatch on 04/01/2006 09:54:17
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  10:00:04  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks!

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

Llamadance
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2543 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  11:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahaha :-D

Great episode 4.

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
944 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  12:54:39  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wicked wicked wicked good
Go to Top of Page

pixiestu
> Teenager of the Year <

United Kingdom
2564 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  13:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great podcast as always. Keep up the good work and Frank rarities!

"The arc of triumph"
Go to Top of Page

matto
= Cult of Ray =

USA
944 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  17:43:19  Show Profile  Visit matto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PixieSteve

quote:
Originally posted by cassandra is

sorry to be so obscure --- but that art attack guy looks suspiciously like this celebrity dead baby:

http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?&nid=69722
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  03:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A new Pixies song??? My gawd, how did you guys manage to get that???

AWESOME.

-----
"The following tale of me is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No."

Edited by - Frog in the Sand on 04/02/2006 03:16:17
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  07:48:04  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the song was great! Best Joey solo since Vamos!

---------------------------
God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

VoVat

USA
9168 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  10:37:46  Show Profile  Visit VoVat's Homepage  Click to see VoVat's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I loved Dean's comment on how people in the States pronounce "Saskatchewan." It's true! We're so lame!

"If you doze much longer, then life turns to dreaming. If you doze much longer, then dreams turn to nightmares."
Go to Top of Page

Erebus
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1834 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  12:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

We're so lame!

speak for yourself
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  13:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VoVat

I loved Dean's comment on how people in the States pronounce "Saskatchewan." It's true!

Yeah, like people in Canada know how to pronounce most things. Or call them by the right name.

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  15:02:21  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like how Americans butcher pronounce "Montpelier, Vermont"...

-----
"The following tale of me is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No."

Edited by - Frog in the Sand on 04/02/2006 23:57:38
Go to Top of Page

majeux
- FB Fan -

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  19:45:02  Show Profile  Click to see majeux's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Guys,

3 things:

1. You bastards !
2. The French song from the guy who got a copy of Oddballs was really average, really....
3. Great podcast nonetheless, as always !

Albert Souffre.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  20:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1) Blame Brian.
2) It wasn't a battle of the bands, just wanted to see someone interested enough in getting a copy that they'd go to the trouble of recording something for us.
3) Thanks, majeux.

:)

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Go to Top of Page

remig
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1734 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  01:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, i'm in a plane on the tarmac of paris airport, waiting for two hours because of a strike . it's good to have this podcast to cool down.
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  01:23:36  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the general strike has already begun?

Go to Top of Page

Grotesque
= Cult of Ray =

France
777 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  05:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha HA HA
Very good one, I went straight in the sign (french expression to say the joke worked).
And it's true that Violet absolutely deserves a second listen, I was just thinking it's a great and moving song, though I did'nt really noticed it at first.
And thank you a thousand times for playing my little song and making the wish in it come true!
I was dancing like a alcoholic monkey near my computer a minute ago.
To majeux: it's not really a song, more like a musical message. The one that writes the songs is Frank Black.
Go to Top of Page

therewererumours
* Dog in the Sand *

Ireland
1240 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  10:08:28  Show Profile  Visit therewererumours's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good one Dean and Brian, you got me. Bazza will love you Dean for playing his favorite song ;).

black, it was always black......
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  10:52:57  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good joke for once ;), nice podcast as always.

-----
Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  13:04:31  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the song was nice Grotesque
gave me a happy feeling inside!

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  18:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, the Gouge Away on podcast one is awesome stuff. When Frank starts to sing after the instrumental part...Yikes!

And Grotesque, nice song. When will you be posting the tabs? Seriously, I like the little guitar riff you have.

Mathematics moves at such a crawl
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  19:44:11  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys, as always. A question:

Is anyone streaming the podcast off the internet? I'm wondering because our bandwidth usage has already reached the point where we can't put out a second podcast this month, and I notice that there are a lot of people listening to older podcasts as well as the latest... far more than I expected or can even fathom. Or are some of you just checking it out for the first time?

Go to Top of Page

billgoodman

Netherlands
6013 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  00:54:49  Show Profile  Click to see billgoodman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be better to download it, rather than stream. Maybe you could post that on the podcast site.

God save the Noisies
Go to Top of Page

hickster9
- FB Fan -

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  06:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
COF...I've been downloading them...but if it would be better for bandwidth purposes, I'll stream it. I just need to know how to do that. In fact, I thought that's what I initially did for Episode #1, but since it has downloaded them.

I like cows, they go moo when they eat
Go to Top of Page

jediroller
* Dog in the Sand *

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  06:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always download the MP3 (using Juice) then listen to it in Winamp.

The experts they file in by the roomful / Watching him dying young

free music
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  07:20:18  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No no, streaming is much worse for our bandwidth, keep downloading away hickster. I think I may leave a note on the page, thanks Jop.

I'm going to be paying for a second server to host these and other occasional high-bandwidth things, with a little help from what's left of the Friends' Club. What this means is that Friends' Club is going to be coming back from the dead in order to help us finance these podcasts (hosting with the kind of bandwidth we need is not cheap!) and have enough to pay for both servers next year (and also enough for me to continue to mail out CDs and books and stuff to you guys when I get 'em).

Dave's got a lot of paperwork to sort through to figure out who's still a member, but I think I can now say feel free to donate if you think the site and what we do here is worth it. If not, no problem. You'll still get all the stuff you get now for as long as we can afford it. I'm not promising monthly draws like we were doing before, but certainly we will do our best to give back extra where we can to Friends Club members without holding anything back from non members.

Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1995 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  07:43:04  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean, no need to pay.
We could host it on a free.fr server like Jedi did for the tributes.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  07:54:32  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's an interesting idea... Can they handle 300 GB of traffic per month? How fast? How much space? Will they be around a long time? I know nothing of this free hosting, but anywhere I've examined that's free wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole. Thanks for the ideas.

Go to Top of Page

The Holiday Son
= Quote Accumulator =

France
1995 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  08:04:26  Show Profile  Visit The Holiday Son's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Can they handle 300 GB of traffic per month?

To my knowledge, it's unlimited.

quote:
How Fast?

Depends on the traffic.

quote:
How much space?

1Go
(but we can set multiple accounts !)

quote:
Will they be around a long time?

Yes.

Edited by - The Holiday Son on 04/06/2006 08:05:30
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  08:07:34  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, maybe I'll try it out for April 15. Now I need an account and/or translator. :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000