Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Wulstan
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  13:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many, many thanks. It seems to be all fixed now. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Wulstan
- FB Fan -

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  13:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(I was downloading directly from your episode guide page by the way.)
Go to Top of Page

Suicide_Samurai
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
431 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  13:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems fine. Fades out at 68:48 just in time to save us from...a particularly stimulating conversation?

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  13:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, exactly...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page

Suicide_Samurai
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
431 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  13:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you tell me what question 2a of the trivia competition is, please? I can't make it out.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  14:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a) Iggy Pop

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  14:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Holiday Son

quote:
Originally posted by starmekitten
I have an hour and two minutes

Me too.

looking at the debut much?

FAST_MAN  RAIDER_MAN - June 19th
Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  17:24:36  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's definitely not the debut, the debut gives me no reason to hate them!

sneaky boys...

it's redownloaded just fine thank you

forum ebook: end of miles

Edited by - starmekitten on 07/01/2006 17:43:14
Go to Top of Page

tobafett
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1713 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  18:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great great great 'cast guys!
Go to Top of Page

Suicide_Samurai
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
431 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  20:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just sent my trivia answers, let me know you got them so I don't get paranoid that I sent them to an unsuspecting fb.net member named Podcast or something. It took some doing but I think I did alright.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  23:40:19  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, got yours and a few other entries...

Incidentally, the distance between Brian and I should be as the crow flies since road distance varies depending on the program/path you choose. I thought I said that in the podcast but obviously a problem with late-night editing.

Go to Top of Page

Skatealex1
* Dog in the Sand *

1645 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  02:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great podcast but im kinda starting to dislike kim deal for not wanting new pixies music

The Truth Is Out There
Go to Top of Page

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  02:25:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol

Join the Cult Of Pob!
Go to Top of Page

cassandra is
> Teenager of the Year <

France
4233 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  03:28:55  Show Profile  Visit cassandra is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haven't got the time to listen to it entirely yet, but great congratulations to you guys! this episode is awesome!!

pas de bras pas de chocolat
Go to Top of Page

floop
= Wannabe Volunteer =

Mexico
15297 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  10:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great job you guys. i love how you keep the party music going during your Frank interview. pretty funny..

"I don't have any money to buy new clothes and if they paid me to get some I'd probably buy more hoodies." - Mark Wainfur
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  14:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

Incidentally, could the contest winners please get in touch with me so I have a place to send these discs?

Cheers.

Go to Top of Page

= Cult of Ray =

Australia
799 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  18:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like everybody got invited to the party except me...

Nice 1 re the Selkie instrumental/demo btw. very nice!
See you on the flipside at PC No.11

(( I'm a Snake... cut in half 'cause I'm not the one you needed. ))
Go to Top of Page

coastline
> Teenager of the Year <

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  21:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re Podcast #10: Very creative, Dean and Brian. And very well executed. You really raised the bar on this one.
Go to Top of Page

Superabounder
* Dog in the Sand *

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  22:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
***if you haven't listened to the podcast***STOP READING THIS POST***Wow guys...this podcast is really magical. The party, the jazz, the sirens and dogbarks, the ambience. Pretty amazing. I'm sitting here in the dark and just listened to the amazing interview, heard all the drop ins from tobafett, Sir Rockabye, Kathryn, Tre, Cheeseman...how very cool. It kind of personalizes and humanizes the forum. Anyway, you both are doing such a wonderful job with it. Way to go, and thanks for all the hard work and creativity you're putting in.

Mathematics moves at such a crawl
Go to Top of Page

beckett trance
- FB Fan -

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  13:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Thanks guys!

Incidentally, could the contest winners please get in touch with me so I have a place to send these discs?

If there are winners, can you give us the answers?

Carl
- A 'Fifth' Catholic -

Ireland
11546 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  14:23:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is only 13:05 long. And just as the party was getting going!

Join the Cult Of Pob!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  14:30:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, contest winners for the Oddballs disc. There are no winners for the trivia contest from podcast 10 yet.

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  15:00:56  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superabounder

***if you haven't listened to the podcast***STOP READING THIS POST***Wow guys...this podcast is really magical. The party, the jazz, the sirens and dogbarks, the ambience. Pretty amazing. I'm sitting here in the dark and just listened to the amazing interview, heard all the drop ins from tobafett, Sir Rockabye, Kathryn, Tre, Cheeseman...how very cool. It kind of personalizes and humanizes the forum. Anyway, you both are doing such a wonderful job with it. Way to go, and thanks for all the hard work and creativity you're putting in.

Mathematics moves at such a crawl

Oh, and thanks to all for the feedback and appreciation. Posts like this one make the last month worthwhile. Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  15:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has Sir Rock's parole officer contacted you and Brian yet, Dean?

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  16:09:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, but Sir Rock did use his one call from prison to sing "I'm Sir Rockabye, and rocking I am" to us. Again. :)

Go to Top of Page

ScottP
= Cult of Ray =

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  22:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a cool episode. Thank you guys for all of your efforts. Really, really good job.
Go to Top of Page

Frog in the Sand
-+ Le premiere frog +-

France
2715 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  02:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Frog in the Sand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#10 is a monument. I can't believe you guys did all that for us :)

-----
blackolero le only Frank Black / Pixies site 100% in français
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
~ Selkie Bride ~

Belgium
15320 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  10:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe how Dean screetched when Brian groped him. He sounded like a little schoolgirl.

I’m the only one who can say that this light is mine
Go to Top of Page

darwin
>> Denizen of the Citizens Band <<

USA
5448 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  13:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got a reliable internet connection on my computer at work. So, I'm behind on the podcasts. I listened to #1 - #3 and skipped ahead to #10. Great job guys and nice interview. Someone should call the SPCA about Dave.
Go to Top of Page

Wee Mac
- FB Fan -

35 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  14:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are getting rather good at that podcasting malarky. Keep it up. Can't wait to hear what succeeding episodes contain :D
Go to Top of Page

scruvs
= Cult of Ray =

353 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  16:19:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really enjoyed #10. I still have some catching up to do on some in the middle, I was reminded to listen to #10 because of the news headline.

Brian, glad you squeezed Calistan in #10, it is the 2nd song that comes to my mind for new FB fans for me after Los Angeles. But I can't bitch about it much if I don't vote, I guess.

Katherine asked about The Adventure and the Resolution played at the beginning of the podcast. I listen to Cult of Ray often in my car, and 5 seconds after that song starts I always expect to hear Dean's voice. It's weird to just hear the rest of the song.

I like the Cult of Ray artwork with Brian's and Dean's faces.

FB seems like an easy interview. Ask him a simple question then sit back and listen to whatever he wants to talk about.

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  17:59:03  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very interesting interview. Interesting to hear Franks opinion on the legacy of the Pixies ie he doesnt give a fuck if they made a new record and it came out shitty.

Kiss my ring...I am the greatest

Go to Top of Page

a guy in a rover
= Cult of Ray =

United Kingdom
535 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  18:09:58  Show Profile  Click to see a guy in a rover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HaHa StarmeKitten, you're such a Brummie!

Kiss my ring...I am the greatest

Go to Top of Page

starmekitten
-= Forum Pistolera =-

United Kingdom
6370 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  23:35:55  Show Profile  Visit starmekitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a guy in a rover

HaHa StarmeKitten, you're such a Brummie!

*scowls*

forum ebook: end of miles
Go to Top of Page

fbc
-= Modulator =-

United Kingdom
4903 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  03:27:43  Show Profile  Visit fbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fun 'cast, all. The interview, the cameo's, the selkie bride. You didn't have to, but you did, and it made me chuckle. bravo for the positivity!

What's the name of the guy/gal tinkling the ol' ivories at the do? It's just that I think I have them a booking.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000