Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Topic!
 Suggestion Box / Website Discussion
 WANTED: Graphics Person - Make This Site Prettier!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  12:29:56  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those are GREAT icons!! Did you get my email Mr Duck?
Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  13:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now I got it
Go to Top of Page

Crispy Water
= Cult of Ray =

Canada
819 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  03:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Crispy Water's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know why, but one minute I had the old forum graphics and the next I had this new one out of nowhere, and I'd just like to tip my hat to you guys. It looks so much better, I really dig it.

Nothing is ever something.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  07:17:16  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rainbow kitties? When the world is mine, your death shall be long and torturous, Dave.
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  07:39:14  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aw, I think they're just precious.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  08:55:07  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They're better than those crazy spinning stars, at least. :)

This post was actually just to test my new signature.

Cult of Frank

Edited by - Cult_Of_Frank on 09/09/2003 08:55:39
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  10:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's the spirit Dean!!
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  13:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now a black cat face would be cool....possibly for all the YAM (and future) contributors????
Great work everybody...
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  13:22:03  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah... I'm still quietly fighting behind the scenes for Dave to endow all people who contributed a song with the title "Freedom Rocker". But I doubt you'll be seeing your own icons as he would allegedly have to write some different forum code. That's right, allegedly. :)

"Join the Cult of Frank / And you'll be enlightened"
Go to Top of Page

ProverbialCereal
- FB TabMaster -

USA
2953 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  13:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So let me get this "straight," Dean is no longer homosexual, but he has a gay cat?

-Derek
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  14:13:05  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get this 'straight'... I see what you did there. :)

I wrote a poem about my gay kitty. It's called McBain: Let's Get Silly.

McBain: Let's Get Silly
My cat was neutered, some time ago
His face was white, white as snow
When the colour slowly came back
It was a rainbow instead of black.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  16:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uh..

hm.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  16:59:33  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, how many times have I told you, you need to watch more Simpsons. Well, this is probably the first time. But you've been warned.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  22:50:37  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got like all of last season on my HD - what more do i need???

Please Master!!!
Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  00:02:35  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like, all of a GOOD season on your HD (OK, comparitively, season 13 wasn't as bad as 8-12).

---------
FRANK BLACK SATAN WORKSHIP BLACK MASS
Go to Top of Page

PixieSteve
> Teenager of the Year <

Poland
4698 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  05:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it possible to set mine as the single white cat forever?
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  08:23:54  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cult_Of_Frank

Get this 'straight'... I see what you did there. :)

I wrote a poem about my gay kitty. It's called McBain: Let's Get Silly.

McBain: Let's Get Silly
My cat was neutered, some time ago
His face was white, white as snow
When the colour slowly came back
It was a rainbow instead of black.

lol
Damn you Dean, I just swallowed a cough drop.
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  08:51:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Barto

Like, all of a GOOD season on your HD (OK, comparitively, season 13 wasn't as bad as 8-12).

---------

Didn't we discuss this already? 8-10 are great. It's around 11 that they went downhill, culminating at 13 which I think was the low point of the whole show. This past (14) was a marked improvement from the previous. But let's not turn this into a Simpsons debate. I just couldn't bear to read that is all...

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  08:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mereubu

lol
Damn you Dean, I just swallowed a cough drop.

Heh, thanks Mere. I dedicate that poem to you, then. :)

Go to Top of Page

Active Duck
~ Abstract Brain ~

United Kingdom
413 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  09:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I joined the Cult of Frank / I want a refund"
Go to Top of Page

Steak n Sabre
* Dog in the Sand *

Uzbekistan
1013 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  10:55:52  Show Profile  Visit Steak n Sabre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can I join thru my Cult Of The Month Club membership??
Go to Top of Page

mereubu
= FB QuizMistress =

USA
2677 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  11:15:14  Show Profile  Visit mereubu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not until you finish your obligation to the Moonies, young man!
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  12:15:53  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh, no refunds. Nor transfers to other cults/religions/small-time mime acts. Sorry Mr. Duck. You might as well italicize and embrace.

Brian, I'm happy to have you on board as a member. Let Frank's face be a stern warning to unbelievers around the world. We do not currently accept Cult of the Month Club points, however, we at Cult of Frank (R) are working hard to work out a deal with the CMC and it's affiliates. We appreciate your patience and thank-you for choosing our cult and appending Frank's visage to the end of every post.

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  12:38:59  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dean, am I really out of touch, or isn't THIS coming season #14 and the last one was #13? And you're still wrong, but that's OK. You really liked the episode with Baldwin and whats her name, eh? I think Homer is the entire reason why those seasons sucked...Homer, and bad writing.

---------
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  12:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't mind that episode, though there are better ones. When Homer is the bodyguard for the mayor, when the curfew is imposed on the kids, Max Powers, the trip to Tokyo, Lisa joining MENSA, when Homer goes to New York, when Homer coaches Bart's football team, when they join the cult (not of Frank, sadly, but...), Homer as the Trash Manager, etc, etc, etc. Those are from seasons 9 & 10 alone, nevermind 8.

And no, they're actually starting their 15th season which should see them visit Europe (The Simpsons are going to Europe!), parody Evita, etc. I'm hoping they continue their upward streak.

Go to Top of Page

El Barto
= Song DB Master =

USA
4020 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  15:08:34  Show Profile  Visit El Barto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Homer as the Trash Manager == one of the best episodes ever...completely in the vein of the old stuff. Not a minute goes by without a great laugh. Oscar The Grouch? I pissed myself when I saw that for the first time. Leave the bird alone!

---------
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Of_Frank
= Black Noise Maker =

Canada
11674 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  15:31:47  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Of_Frank's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that one is in my top 10 for sure. And I quote pretty much all of those episodes rabidly. Homer in positions of power are generally funny episodes. I love the debate with the outgoing guy, too.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  19:25:04  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aye, season 14 just passed. 15 on its way.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2003 :  00:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anti-archive message!
Go to Top of Page

hybrid
- FB Fan -

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  15:23:24  Show Profile  Click to see hybrid's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i do web design, so ill help.

check my contacts if you need a hand. so far, i suggest a black backround.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2004 :  00:18:44  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Black background where?

Join the Cult of the Flying Pigxies - I'm A Believer!
Go to Top of Page

hybrid
- FB Fan -

Ireland
42 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  11:28:58  Show Profile  Click to see hybrid's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
on the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  15:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it'd make some of the stuff (like the options below the TOPIC bar) kinda hard to read..plus i like the little images that poke through..

Go to Top of Page

apl4eris
~ Abstract Brain ~

USA
4800 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  11:55:02  Show Profile  Visit apl4eris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For what it's worth, I prefer the current color scheme of the forum, Dave. I love the design of this site.

I've been trying to find/create a similar color scheme on our php forum - I'm a firm believer in simplicity. One of the things that makes this site so easy to get addicted to is its gentleness on the eyes and brain. Most of the presets are overdone Aqua look-alikes or are too dark or littered with 3-D forms. IMHO, superfluous eye candy and black backgrounds are too distracting for a forum that gets so much daily/repeated traffic.

"Wir m�ssen wissen. Wir werden wissen."/"Our house has seven doors, all are green...except one, which is yellow."

Edited by - apl4eris on 02/12/2004 11:56:29
Go to Top of Page

Dave Noisy
Minister of Chaos

Canada
4496 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  17:55:45  Show Profile  Visit Dave Noisy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree..i wouldn't change much..but wouldn't it be cool to have something other than pink and yellow folder icons? =)

Just wanna be prettier, not total make-over!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
-= Frank Black Forum =- © 2002-2020 Frank Black Fans, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000